The Market Money booth is located at the corner of 12th & Iowa Streets, during regular Market Hours. (Saturdays, May through October, from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.)
Consumers with SNAP benefits may swipe their SNAP card from any state and receive dollar-for-dollar, $1 blue SNAP tokens to be used to purchase SNAP-eligible foods at participating Farmers’ Market vendors’ stalls.
In addition, any customer may purchase $5 yellow Debit/Credit tokens to purchase anything at market!
This means any shopper may, at no additional charge, swipe their credit or debit card at our information booth to receive dollar-for-dollar $5 Market Money tokens, to be used at participating Farmers’ Market vendors’ stalls.
The Dubuque Farmers’ Market received a 2015-2016 USDA Farmers’ Market Promotion Program grant to help promote our market as well as increase access to local, fresh food for customers paying with EBT, debit, or credit cards.
SNAP Cards from any state may be redeemed for SNAP Market Money Tokens.
ELIGIBLE ITEMS FOR BLUE $1 SNAP Tokens:
- May ONLY be used to purchase SNAP Eligible food and/or seeds/plants to produce food from vendors participating in the Market Money program.
- May NOT be used for purchase of alcohol, non-food items (pet food, soaps, toiletries, crafts, etc.), prepared or hot foods.
- May NOT receive change for purchase (just like Senior/WIC checks).
ELIGIBLE ITEMS FOR $1 DOUBLE UP FOOD BUCKS VOUCHER:
- May be used to purchase any fresh fruits or vegetables from vendors. May also be used to purchase seedlings and starter plants that grow into fruits or vegetables.
- Does not receive change for purchase.
ELIGIBLE ITEMS FOR YELLOW $5 DEBIT/CREDIT Tokens:
- May be used to purchase anything from vendors participating in the Market Money program.
- May receive change for purchase.